18.12.08

Stolen from Jen

Things you've already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven't done and don't want to - leave in plain font

1. Started your own blog.

2. Slept under the stars. I need my bed and the safe surroundings of a bedroom.

3. Played in a band.

4. Visited Hawaii

5. Watched a meteor shower

6. Given more than you can afford to charity. Not the smartest move, maybe.

7. Been to Disneyland/world.

8. Climbed a mountain. Want to do more of that in the future.

9. Held a praying mantis. I had to look that one up. Nope, hopefully never will. Hate insects of all kinds.

10. Sang a solo (in the shower). Of course.

11. Bungee jumped. Nope, too afraid of actually being torn apart by gravity, since I have a very weak back and all...

12. Visited Paris.

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. Nope, but I have watched one from the air.

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. Cross stitching.

15. Adopted a child.

16. Had food poisoning.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty If I ever get to the USA again and if it's allowed....

18. Grown your own vegetables. I don't have the slightest talent in growing other things than children.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France

20. Slept on an overnight train. I can't sleep when travelling.

21. Had a pillow fight.

22. Hitch hiked. When I was younger I'd sometimes hitch hike with friends to get to/from the city.

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. Wasn't ill physically, just felt very uncomfortable in my surroundings... so I left.

24. Built a snow fort if it counts to dig a hole big enough to fit a few kids, into the 6-7 feet snow wall that used to accumulate in front of our old house when I was a kid.

25. Held a lamb. T'wasn't easy.

26. Gone skinny dipping.

27. Run a marathon. I'm letting Carrie take care of that one for me.

28. Ridden a gondola in Venice. Venice is beautiful, as long as you don't look into the water...

29. Seen a total eclipse. I think it was in 1988 or something like that...

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. A million gazillion times...

31. Hit a home run. Don't have baseball in Iceland.

32. Been on a cruise

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. Some.

35. Seen an Amish community.

36. Taught yourself a new language. I want to learn spanish and italian.

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. Money is not what makes me satisfied, but it can help along the way.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing. I did this a lot as a kid and teen. Wouldn't mind trying again.

40. Seen Michelangelo's David in person.

41. Sung Karaoke Of course. Many many times.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. Nope, but I have seen some impressive Icelandic "geyers" erupt, several times.

43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant. I'm cheap.

44. Visited Africa. I have no longing to do so. Too many bugs, I'm thinking.

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. Done this in Spain and Italy.

46. Been transported in an ambulance. Don't really want to, for some reason.

47. Had your portrait painted. Yup, I had someone do a painting after our wedding photo.

48. Gone deep sea fishing. Yes, loved it even though I *hate* the sea.

49. Seen the Sistene chapel in person.

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris Some day...

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. Nope. Not going to. Too many monsters in the sea.

52. Kissed in the rain Is this supposed to be something special? When you live somewhere where it rains a lot, of course you have kissed in the rain.

53. Played in the mud.

54. Gone to a drive-in theater.

55. Been in a movie. Not that I know of ;-)

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business

58. Taken a martial arts class. Although there was this one Aiki-do lesson....

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen. We don't have soup kitchens in Iceland that I know of..

61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. Don't have those either over here.

62. Gone whale watching. Yup!

63. Gotten flowers for no reason

64. Donated blood. I'm very afraid of needles. Wouldn't do this unless it was for saving my children's lives.

65. Gone sky diving. Never will.

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. Ugh.. don't think I would survive that mentally. Visiting Anna Frank's house in Amsterdam was overwhelming enough.

67. Bounced a check Not on purpose though, and since I haven't used checks for many many years, it was a long time ago.

68. Flown in a helicopter I would love to learn to fly one!

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy I have a few of my childhood toys that I just can't part with.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. Not really visited it but been quite close to it.

71. Eaten Caviar. Ugh, yes, regretted it instantly.

72. Pieced a quilt. I don't have the patience or accurate-ness for quilting.

73. Stood in Times Square.

74. Toured the Everglades. Never been to Florida.

75. Been fired from a job.

76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London A few times already. Love it.

77. Broken a bone. Do teeth count??

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican.

82. Bought a brand new car. Last year. Kind of regret it now.

83. Walked in Jerusalem.

84. Had your picture in the newspaper.

85. Read the entire Bible. Want to start again once I've finished school.

86. Visited the White House

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. Ugh, no.

88. Had chickenpox.

89. Saved someone’s life.

90. Sat on a jury. We don't have a jury system in Iceland.

91. Met someone famous. A few :-)

92. Joined a book club. When school's done....

93. Lost a loved one. Too many times alreayd :-(

94. Had a baby. Two daughters.

95. Seen the Alamo in person.

96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.

97. Been involved in a law suit. Am involved in one now.

98. Owned a cell phone.

99. Been stung by a bee.

0 Ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli

Gerast áskrifandi að Birta ummæli [Atom]

<< Heim